awesome score!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up four bikes yesterday and didn't pay a dime for them! A couple of weeks ago I found three 1980's era 10 speed bikes on the curb that were being given away for free so I picked them up thinking I would sell them on Craigslist. Then last week a friend of mine mentioned that her co-worker fixes up 80's vintage 10 speeds and that he had some older bikes that he would trade for my 10 speeds. So we went and picked these gems up yesterday and hummed the Sanford & Son theme song all the way back to my house.

First off is a Huffy Customliner from the mid 50's. It appears to have new wheels and tires, new bars and a repop or NOS chainguard. A total Rat and needless to say my favorite of the bunch...

337704837.jpg

337704884.jpg

My second favorite of the bunch is this sweet 24" Western Flyer (I think). It actually rides nicely for being a smaller bike. I may raise the seat a bit and throw some apes on it, but otherwise leave it as is.

337704962.jpg

This little 20" Hawthorne skip tooth is awesome too...

337704989.jpg

337705006.jpg

This bike is super ratty but has the most comfortable seat ever made. A Firestone Speed Cheif...

337704904.jpg

337704920.jpg

And finally a pile of NOS Wald baskets...

337705043.jpg

As I was leaving the guy shook his head and said "It's a real shame someone ruined these bikes by spray painting them."

Great score! Definitely worth more than the 10 speeds!

I would do trades like that every day of the week and twice on sundays if I could! The chainguards on the first two bikes are Wald's. :mrgreen:

What a trade! That's getting jewels for junk I say. When the fixie craze passes and those 80's ten speeds a sitting your rat rods will still be desirable.

Back