Below Radar, 8/6 Finished Pictures.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Below Radar- two tone paint on the final day? oh yeah!

It's been a long, expensive day. After driving 35 miles to get a saddle that remotely fits my color scheme i found a black and gray WTB saddle at REI. Yet something else was missing...

Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr

That's what i had left from my bobbed fender last year cut into something a bit easier on the eyes. The slicks throw quite a bit of dirt so a functioning fender is in order. Less than one hour after i threw down primer i went back for red and prayed that my tape didn't stick to the paint, guess who got lucky? Me!

I'm bustin' out of this joint see here! (filing for the switches which i may not use after all)

The finished product

And with that i am done. Other work today involved painting the fender brace, seat post clamp, painting and plasti-dipping another kickstand as my first one was too short, and fighting with a two day old seat post. The one that was in there for 45 years came out in 1/4 of the time the new one did!

Time for micro wave dinner and what else after a marathon build day? Beer. Not the best beer i've had but a beer is like a woman, if she is tall, bubbly and available can you complain much?

Awesome build buddy! I like everything about it! Tons of great ideas & details on this baby! 8)

Way to go Spaceliner build brotha!!!
I had one of those Appleheads the other day. Pretty tasty brew!!!
Love that rear fender!!!!!!!!
Your finished bike is WICKED!!!
BRAVO for finishing!
congRATs!
Hope you had fun!

Thanks for the comments guys, as soon as my brother gets back in town i will borrow his camera to do some decent shots. I also went for some more aggressive bars and an old road stem, it looks much more aggressive. I also got rid of the clunky safety switch on the left side of the tank and put on a wing nut reflector, all of which was done before the deadline but my cell battery died and i had no way to take photos and post on my lunch hour.

Congrats to all of you for finishing your bikes!

Back