Bicycle generators

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the ones that run on the tires? Check your wires. and test the ground. You should be able to use a test light or multi-meter.

Unless they they have been taken apart I would assume they would run forever.

rewire your lights, thats the most frequent problem i have, ive picked up lots of em and ive only had 1 that didnt work and i assume it was due to being left outside for most of its life.

also make sure the friction gear isnt "slipping" on the tire, ive got a few that give me troubles when the tires get wet just because of the angle and bracket position wasnt the best.

...also, some, mostly taillights, have the ground connection in the clamp so the light needs to be mounted when checking it. If its that type, it will have a pointed screw that bores through the paint to make a connection.

Mine usually suddenly bind up suddenly, grinding the heck out of the sidewall. (Usually when going downhill at a reasonable speed at night on an unlit path somewhere in the sticks) :lol:

Back