Black and White...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry ...1941? Elgin Hard to believe that I am number 47 on the list and the build-off has been official for lets see...
:shock: 1 day :shock:
I am building this around a set of wheels that I got from another RRB member. In fact lots of the parts came from folks I have connected with through this forum :mrgreen: Gotta love the internet.
Here she is all mocked up.
hub004.jpg

Parts list to follow.

The frame is Murray built for Sears and dates to late 1940 through mid 1942 (typically 1941.) Murray Introduced their first line of bikes in late 1936 for 1937 but the early frames of this type did not have the curved seat tube or curved down tube.

MAN!!!! that is gonna be sweet! First bike I've seen where the Evans springer looks right at home......doesn't even look at home on the Evans :mrgreen: Very nice combo of parts! Gonna make some guys show their hand early on :D

rms37 said:
The frame is Murray built for Sears and dates to late 1940 through mid 1942 (typically 1941.) Murray Introduced their first line of bikes in late 1936 for 1937 but the early frames of this type did not have the curved seat tube or curved down tube.
Thaks for the correction on the year..I will edit the post.
SimpleMan said:
MAN!!!! that is gonna be sweet! First bike I've seen where the Evans springer looks right at home......doesn't even look at home on the Evans :mrgreen: Very nice combo of parts! Gonna make some guys show their hand early on :D
Thanks Jeff, I didn't intend to make anybody show their hand I was just so excited to start this time I had everything in a pile wating for the gun to go off...apparently by the number of early entrants I was not alone :lol:

amazing bike! love all the parts youve already thrown at it! :mrgreen:

Yarg! its over for me! i was hoping that no other curved seatpost elgins would arrive. i cant compete with those handle bars and the skirt guards...

so that makes 2 curved post elgins and 100 cwc roadmasteresque builds.

Thanks for the comments guys.
xddorox said:
Those rims are awesome, are you keeping them like that?
The rims will stay just as they are..They are laced up with a Nexus 7 speed coaster brake rear hub, just need to decide on tires.
fenderhole said:
i'm completely jealous over those handlebars. :lol: where do you guys find those?
The bars are from a Shelby airflo project bike, they were begging to get put on a bike that will be ridden. I am working with a friend that owns a local fab shop to try and make some more.
lobsterboyx said:
Yarg! its over for me! i was hoping that no other curved seatpost elgins would arrive. i cant compete with those handle bars and the skirt guards...

so that makes 2 curved post elgins and 100 cwc roadmasteresque builds.
If your last buildoff bike was any indication of whats too come I am sure you have a few tricks up your sleeve.

i think i'm more excited about your build than i am about mine.

eagerly awaiting more progress pic's

Latest posts

Back