Built from ~NothingSpecial~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
I managed to get the frame partially done last year, but just didn't have the time to get much done, so it sat around rusting over winter. This is what I've got to start with (minus the wheels). It's disproportional, super long, and still doesn't have a bb. No budget.
SDC12277_zpsa6892db1.jpg

I got a BB mounted, and scavenged some pipe for the middle bar. I've also knocked some of the arch out of the top tubes near the front. I'm much happier with the overall shape now. The trouble with these small top tubes is that they're easily disturbed, I need to work out some sort of bracing between them. Hopefully the middle bar will help tie everything together better once it's installed.
framemockup1_zps8c39d760.jpg

cool frames and bikes can't wait to see this build

Wow, and I thought my frame was long. That is going to be one comfortable bike to ride.

Just try to chip away at it one bit at a time. It's been hot in Savannah too (already had a couple of 100+ heat index days).

Don't forget to put your pin in the BONINE WORLD MAP
http://bit.ly/1nsYqVU
Then go to Additions > Add Marker - Simple

I'm impressed at the progress everyone is making. I can't seem to get any work done lately. It's just been too hot.
Too cold here...
Hard to get motivated to go outside and build...

Luke.

Hot here as well(Mykonos,Greece),but my workshop is under the shade of a mulberry tree,darn things keep dropping me while I'm working...
Great start to the build,hope you finish this time...

I mocked up the bike yesterday trying to get an idea of the proportions. The seat will probably not end up mounted in the same place, it will likely be lower and farther back. This bike has much less rake than my last one, hopefully avoiding wheel flop. It'll still take a parking lot to turn around in though.
jchlong1_zps90d41c22.jpg

I like the lines of this build.
The seat actually looks positioned well for riding and for looks as it is.

I picked out the paint I'm going to use. It was on sale, so that's what I went with. It's dark and flat, but maybe just different enough to not look like flat black.
jchpaint_zpsc6a5e2de.jpg

I also acquired some free foam from work, and also picked up some aluminum scrap including a circular saw, part of what must be a shower curtain rod and a motocross exhaust silencer.
jchfoam_zpse55087da.jpg

Which I cut up to make this.
jchtag_zps56a7b216.jpg

Back