*** CARTBOARDTRACKER ***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those chinese characters says it all! ...I guess... ; - )

sport_160.jpg

oops...
have to go look for replacement pedals. I want that same old-timey/regular/cheap looking pedals, but this time good quality ones.. In the meantime I had to reapair the innertube and it seems I have to do it again...

Have been riding the cartboardtracker constantly the past couple of days. And I must admit, the Billet Bullet is still my favorite one to ride. The cartboardtracker just isn't as fast and comfortable as my beloved blue bike. I find it difficult to adjust the flipped handlebars to make em as comfortable as I can... But it's still lot's of fun. Althought no 10+ miles on this one...

Re: *** CARTBOARDTRACKER *** ...DONE!!! finished pics!...

thats a shame.. those pedals looked ok. cept for the little chip on that one block. :wink:

The upholstery nails look so good that I might use your idea in the future...and of course I will give you credit for inspiring me. Great work! :idea:

sport_162.jpg

sport_161.jpg

I've bought me some classic (dutch?) BIBIA rubberband lugage-straps. Very useful. The skinny rearwheel optically benefits from the added black 'weight'. As I said: A hotrod is never 'done'... But I'll move the cartboardtracker to the gallerypages soon.

Because of a crappy internet connection I wasn't able to keep up with everyone, but it's all back to normal now. My illustration and graphic desingwork has been increasing lately so I won't be having as much time to build bikes as I had (or want) to, in the last couple of months, but that's a good thing I guess.. I still have three bikeframes of wich really only one is salvageable.

stretch said:
thats a shame.. those pedals looked ok. cept for the little chip on that one block. :wink:

heheh well, the pedals have been replaced with... exactly the same ones. Same crappy quality. But I love the look of em, and the really are VERY cheap...

thatismytruck said:
This build is sooo nice!!! Very well done. Love your logo.

Thanks! I really had a hard time to think of something to put on the tankplate, and I just wanted to finish the bike soooo badly. A day before aplying my logo it had the scallops I planned. It looked soooo bad...

Foybles said:
Sweet bike. Love the logo. Can't wait to get my own Cartboard Tracker as soon as you start shipping to the usa

heheh, thanks! But I'll bet you can fix one up for yourself. If you have a set plan, you can 'build' one in a weekend. I hadn't, so it took me a while. Glad how it turned out.

vibr8shun said:
The upholstery nails look so good that I might use your idea in the future...and of course I will give you credit for inspiring me. Great work! :idea:

Glad to hear people like what I do. It feels good to read about me inspiring others but I feel the same about just everybody in this site. Bear in mind, the nails are just... nails! The gel-seat seems to hold them well. I've been riding my bike(s) for weeks, if not months, and not one of the nails came loose. Because of the seat not having a flat surface, you'll have to pinch and tweak each and every one of the nails to improve fitting.

Galtbacken said:
Beautiful!!! Great paint!

Yup! primer red is a hotrod-classic. I think it came out looking too good to 'finish' it further off with a that final planned glossy icky mustardcurry color...

N8NBOX said:
:( so jealous

Don't be. Just build one. They're cheap (and easy, once you have a set plan...)

Hey guys,
long time no see. Well... I didn't really had much to show'n'tell (still don't) and I got really sidetracked with a lot of stuff less important than bikebuilding. Can't say that 'from now on I'm back', but I've been lurking around these pages again since ...months. And man! A lot of stuff hass been going on. Restyled nice(r) looking pages, e-bay listings, a new build-off, etc... Not to mention all the beautifull builds! Cheers to you all!

...and now for my efforts. Well... Nothing new on the horizon except for some new tires.. I had some bad luck with the old ones wich I didn't like much in the first place, but because I'm building on a tight budget I had to use em. As for the bad luck: I had a flat tire three times in one week! Two times with the cartboardtracker and one time with the billet bullet. I got fed-up repairing so I bought me some new innertubes. And while I was at it, I treated myself to some cheap new black tires. '27 inch'. I had two choices but the only difference was 'expensive' and 'less-expensive'. So I chose the latter... These the reflective line to make em streetlegal. Initially I wanted to black it out but they're starting to grow on me.

Here are som pics:

sport_164.jpg

^ autumn leafs... ^

sport_166.jpg

sport_167.jpg

^ reflection lines in action ^

sport_165.jpg

And now a really stupid question... I can't remember posting this bike in the 'finished gallery' so... did I? Can anybody tell me where, or how to track it? I tried to search for it by typing 'cartboardtracker' to only find another post of mine mentioning the cartboardtracker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

deorman said:
Howdy, stranger! :) I think this is the only thread on this puppy.

ah thanks! that explanes a lot... :)

SSG said:
You could take the old pedals and remove those bolts and the rubber blocks and replace them with your own wood blocks to match the rear carrier.

I've been thinking about that, but I don't think I will be improving the looks and functionallity by making some of my own. I really like the look/style of the pedals I've used on this one. I just hope to find some of a better quallity. But thanks for the suggestion!

Because of the freewheelproblem om my Billet Bullet I started searching for a temporary replacement wheel so I couldtake a shot at repairing it in my own time and keep on riding the bullet at (almost) the same time ;-) I stumbled upon this:

Wheelset Rigida DP18, Shimano Dura Ace 7400, 8spd (13-23) But they're black, so... PERFECT for my Cartboardtracker! That one was still riding on those pesky 27inchers... Which meant limited choice of tires. Don't get me wrong, I still like the last pair I had, but my initial plan was to give the bike a bigger tire on the rear. Also I love those 'modern' deeper rims.

sport_171.jpg

sport_173.jpg

sport_161.jpg

^ Before...

sport_175.jpg

^ After...

I wrapped the rims with the blacked out tires that once belonged to the Billet Bullet and man.. It looks massive! Even the very skinny racefront doesn't look skinny anymore. The wheel/tire combo is exactly the same as on my Billet Bullet.

sport_174.jpg

^ Although the bike is VERY heavy, it feels also very dependable, comfortable (despite the flipped bars) and with the new wheels very straight and precise. Man I love my 2nd favorite bike...

Thanks guys, for checking this out.

I guess I made the right decisions with this bike, looks-wise. It's a relativly tall frame (espcially for someone like me..) and I think the tankplate really made the difference... The bike rode okay, and was deffinately build for fun. But now with new wheels, it rides soooo good.... The heavy weight of the bike makes it feel very sturdy and straight. Build like a tank, goes like a train, handles like a sportscar.
Very happy with it.
8)

Back