could i get a 3'' wide wheel on this..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i really want to put a 24 x3.0 tyre on the back of this and a 24 x 2.125 on the front
do u guys think it would fit.
im studying away from home at the moment so cant access the bike for measurements etc

cheers dave.

4751_1.jpg

4dfc_1.jpg

Dave, a 24 x 3 is as big around as a 26" or real close. Try and stuff a 26" into the frame and you can get a pretty close idea. As far as width goes, the 3" might get in the way of the chain. You might be able to do some spacing with the sprockets. If it's the frame that is in the way, a big hammer may solve the problem.

A 24 x 3 on the back would look awesome!

Good luck and hope this helped,
Chainsaw

ah nice advice chainsaw cheers

is that a 26'' wheel minus a tyre?

i never even considered the fact that the sidewall was bigger thats and excellent help man

I LOVE THAT BIKE.....

i really want to use a 3'' wide tyre its a 2.125 thats on the back at the mo...
but it is 24'' wheels

is there any measurements i can make to check. ie could you guys tell me how tall the sidewall is on a 3''

cheers

I'll try and get some measurements, of the tire/ rim combo, today. I don't know what tires you're using. Mine are Kendas. All tires vary even though they claim to be a certain size.
Talk at ya later,
Chainsaw

They won' t fit if that is 24" wheels in a 24"wheeled frame. simple way to check is to place a 26" wheel and tire in the rear from a mountain bike or such. Fenders for sure have to go.

I know a person who welded custom dropouts on the original dropouts and it gave them enough room to put a larger tire/rim on their bike. You might be able to do this. The fenders will have to go or be customized.

I couldn't make it over to get a measurement, but it sounds like it doesn't matter.

yeah i want to keep the fenders and the original rims/ dropouts
so it looks like im on 2.1''

see my other thread, if anyone can put up pics of a bike with this setup that would be awesome

Back