Critical Mess in Cleveland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past Friday I went to where the Critical Mass riders were supposed to meet and it was a no show. I figured it wasn't happening anymore because I live downtown and never saw them before, and the Cleveland website for Critical Mass wasn't working.

Then it got me thinking, why not have a pub crawl on bikes and call it "Critical Mess". But just how many riders could we get for this sort of thing? Heck, if it was Dallas or Michigan we'd be turning people away, but how many folk are in here are from northeast Ohio?

Sounds like a good idea but make sure you let people know it's not critical MASS or else you get all the Mass-holes showing up and pushing their anti-car agendas (nothing against all CM riders, I have been on many rides myself, just the people on the rides who are confrontational and disrespectful and give bicyclists a bad name). Good luck!

Sounds like a good idea but make sure you let people know it's not critical MASS or else you get all the Mass-holes showing up and pushing their anti-car agendas

Yep, I've heard it varies from city to city. I'm more of a fun ride type and not the anti-car variety, but it looks like in Cleveland there aren't enough bikers for either one.

I think one problem is you get a big variation in what people would like to do- some want to go fast, some slow, some are there for the pubs, some not interested in that at all.

When I lived in Cleveland there wasn't a whole lot of downtown bike traffic. A downtown pub crawl would be fun. Is The Little Bar and Grill still in business? That was one of my favorite after-work places to get a beer. It was on Frankfort Street between West 6th and West 9th in the Warehouse District. Another great Cleveland establishment is The Beachland Ballroom. Lots of great punk shows to see there.

Is The Little Bar and Grill still in business? That was one of my favorite after-work places to get a beer. It was on Frankfort Street between West 6th and West 9th in the Warehouse District.

I don't think so, I think all Frankfort has on it in that block is a strip club called Motion but I could be wrong. I'll check it out the street next time I'm in the area. I might take the camera for an outside building pic to see if that jogs your memory, but the crime here has been a little crazy the past couple of weeks.

Yep, it's still there, looks like the gentleman's club is its neighbor.
thecatsmeow002wq5.jpg

Close up:
thecatsmeow003vp3.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for posting that photo. You should check it out sometime, it's a pretty cool little place. After that, go to Luchita's on W. 117th south of Lorain Avenue. Their chicken chimichanga is the best I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back