Custom bikes in Argentina

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE DARK SIDE OF THE CUSTOM BIKE SCENE IN ARGENTINA
Most everywhere that something cool becomes popular, some scum-bag tries to make a quick buck at someone elses expense. Not to dis your buddy at all, but there's a company in Argentina that is marketing a direct knock-off of Sam's FBR Firebike frame. This kind of exploitation is what causes the ORIGINAL DESIGNER/BUILDER of the formentioned "something cool" to become dis-illusioned, peed-off and maybe give up, thinking why bother, it's just gonna get ripped off anyway..... There goes a BIG part of the scene here, part of our culture and I'm just rambling 'cause I'm peed-off... Check their website, spread the word on these thieves, write 'em a note and tell 'em how you feel.......
http://b63bikes.com.ar/index.php
whew, now I feel a little better.......... and I DO think it's cool that our culture has found a home in Argentina.
Ron

Hey Ron, I had no idea. It doesn't surprise me and I guess it's just a matter of time before someone in China copies one of those cool frames as well. I'm afraid I have no clue of what's going on there since my Spanish is not as good as my French. Thanks for the 411. However, it is cool to see the culture alive and well down south.

Here's what they say on the home page:

"It all started when we saw some really good fat (?) bikes and we thought how can we get one like those? We researched and found that in some European countries it was already common to see bikes like that roll past. In this way we started dreaming about this project in 2004. We had no name and a website was out of question. But today it's already a reality. We are B63 and you're looking at its site. And what was a personal dream today we modify it and customize it for you."

So, I guess they're not copying anyone. They just did some "research". :wink:

Hugo

xddorox said:
Hey Ron, I had no idea. It doesn't surprise me and I guess it's just a matter of time before someone in China copies one of those cool frames as well. I'm afraid I have no clue of what's going on there since my Spanish is not as good as my French. Thanks for the 411. However, it is cool to see the culture alive and well down south.

Xddorox, Hey man, in no way was I slamming you or your Argentine buddy, if that came across in my hijacking of your thread, I'm truly sorry. That was not my intent. (nor was it my intent to hijack your thread, sorry, Bro...) I just thought all the bike people should know what's going on down there and one of our own is suffering in some way because of it.
Take care brother and happy holidays!!
Ron

Hey it's cool Ron. I never took it the wrong way, I'm not that kind of guy and this is not that kind of forum. I think your take on this is valuable info that deserved to be shared. Happy Holidays to you too bro. :D

Gerry

p.s. Thanks for the translation Hugo :D

Back