Davis Dayton or Harley???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone help id the year and model of this frame? I am pretty sure it is a Davis Dayton or even a Harley frame , but I am not 100%

Thanks for the Help!
Tyler

Davis2.jpg

Davis3.jpg

Davis4.jpg

Davis1.jpg

If this is a Harley frame, it needs to be restored back to it's original, bone stock condition. You're talking about a real piece of American history!

partsguy said:
If this is a Harley frame, it needs to be restored back to it's original, bone stock condition. You're talking about a real piece of American history!
If I had anything other than the frame and fork, it would be restored... I would like to find a nice badge for it.

I don't think it is a Harley, and I'm not learning towards Dayton either. Assuming the forks are original, both of those brands should have the plate which holds the truss rods on the top of the crown rather than the bottom. I've seen a fork like the one in the photo before but I can't remember on what type of bike. I guess I'll click around google images and see if I see anything like it.

The partially lugged frame is pretty unique though.

mos6502 said:
I don't think it is a Harley, and I'm not learning towards Dayton either. Assuming the forks are original, both of those brands should have the plate which holds the truss rods on the top of the crown rather than the bottom. I've seen a fork like the one in the photo before but I can't remember on what type of bike. I guess I'll click around google images and see if I see anything like it.

The partially lugged frame is pretty unique though.

I was thinking Dayton because of the head tube with the hole for the badge. The fork is original to the frame. I have seen a few frames like this, but I was hoping someone could tell from the SS number.

:?: still a mystery bike...

Latest posts

Back