do not need a back pack anymore!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at at the bike the other day and it hit me.....if a motor bike can have a saddle bag why not a cruzer?

I do not like using a back pack during the long rides so I needed a place to put the kids and my stuff so.......

I never made anything like this so I will be shooting from the hip.... :? :lol:

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

I started with a template to get the right size and shape. lots of curves so I felt this would be a good start

happy with that I made the frame

IMG_0931.jpg

and then made the face.....and a little pin work!

IMG_0934.jpg

untill tomorrow....

What material did you use to make the frame?

Man, do you ever make me jealous! Not only do you snag one of the best $50.00 finds anywhere, but you also have the talent to flawlessly do custom paint, pinstriping, matchin seat upholstery and now this?

AMAZING job! The bike looks incredible.

so into the wee hours of last night I was able to get it done.....not happy with a few things and would like to change some stuff

but hey........ I had fun!

....any how this is just a proto type I have a few more designs planned out

I had a few problems making it sit level so I went with the saddle strap. I think it worked out well and it also covered the scratch on top of the fender :D
I am also going to change the straps that hold the bag to the frame by pop rivit snaps to both the bag and the frame. This will give it a cleaner look and no rubbing between the strap and the chain

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

not sure if I will do much more........for there is a point of too much :D

That's really cool! And here I was thinking you'd just pinstripe over the scratch. How wrong I was :mrgreen:

-Mp

FW,

Your upolstery work, no, all your work, is just great.

I love what you have done with this $50 find.

I like the tip on the material you used for the frame of the bags too, I don't think many of us would know about that stuff w/o you.

I look forward to seeing more of your craftmanship.

Scott

Back