fade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I'd do a bike as well.

Mines a garbage find, 20" Rallye girls bike. Was dark purple, thats how faded it is.

My dad got a bunch of metallic krylon spray paints from walmart on clearance for $1 a can, so I'm gonna go with metallic purple on this one.

I did a mock up with the frame flipped, but lack of a welder will most likely destroy that, so yeah.

fade1.jpg

fade2.jpg

THAT LOOKS GREAT!! Figure out a way to get it welded! 8) You can do it!

That is sweet. I've seen flipped frames for single frame tall bikes before but never thought about it on a pixie. That gave the fork an awesome rake too, so much so that I had to take a second look to make sure you didn't already find someone to weld it that way.

All the different shaped and sized tubing will require some fabrication to keep the flip, but you really hit on a good look here. I'll guarantee you the next time I see a pixie bike I'm going to wonder what it looks like upside down.

BTW, what size handlebars are those?

You gotta do it now. Everybody has seen it and it looks killer. You must know someone with a welder.

check mapquest. I live in La Porte Indiana. If its not too far you can come use my welder.....

hey ratina

metal shop teacher, auto body tech(mudslingers),welding shop in your area.
any of these can be low cost or no cost ways to get it how you want it.

never hurts to ask.

Markm said:
check mapquest. I live in La Porte Indiana. If its not too far you can come use my welder.....

this offer goes out to any and all...if your close, come on by!!!
Ill have beers on ice!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Markm said:
Markm said:

this offer goes out to any and all...if your close, come on by!!!
Ill have beers on ice!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks! I really appreciate the offer, if I don't find someone I'll let you know!

GodHatesCleveland said:
BTW, what size handlebars are those?

I'm not sure, I just grabbed them from the parts pile, probably about 11 inches tall.

man, i have a little girly Schwinn frame kinda like that. figured i'd eventually just put it on S n S... now I'm thinkin, hmmm... who do I know with a welder?

--rick

aack. oops. i meant Swap n Sell, but that's on another board I visit... I guess I really meant Classified...

--rick

That frame looks Way Cool flipped...Ida never thunk to do that.(now I may have to)

Latest posts

Back