first ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
heres afew of the boy taking his 57 pixie for a spin :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jesseriding011.jpg

jesseriding013.jpg

jesseriding007.jpg

jesseriding005.jpg

he had a blast and loves his new 'daddy bike' . thanks for the training wheels and bell karfer :D

now THAT is just plain COOL! I passed by an old Pixie a few months ago.... now I wish I'd gotten it to fix up!

thanks he really LOVES it...was gonna be a christmas present but he saw it this morning and i didnt have the heart to tell him no :roll: .
fire walker the pink and purple is my wifes 61 typhoon i built for mothers day
elainesbike003.jpg

here's one you can have for the price of shipping from iowa - 50401. figure about $25 or so. the bike's free of course.

1st taker gets it. :wink:

bikes003.jpg

Okay...those shots of your son on that Pixie are AWESOME!

Don't be surprised if one of them makes their way to the home page. :D

that was an ebay find. it looked like poo when it came here about 2 weeks with a finishing hammer, rubbing compound, glaze, wax, and wd40 with steel wool its looks nice. (for hugo it cost way more than its worth! :wink: )fortunatley these things arent really hot with the collectors. wheels that were on it originally were the fixed hub no brake kind and the semi pneumatic tires were basically gone so cheap 16x1.75 wheels and tires were bought(lbs) the chain rubs the frame alittle so ill be grabbing the monkey on a stick and bringing it out about 1/8". also couldnt find a truss rod hanger so i bent one up from an old bumper from his pedal car. glad you guys enjoyed the pics :mrgreen: i sure enjoyed taking them!!

as far as i could find the pixies were around since the late 40's early 50's but were labeled bantams then with a solid top tube. the earliest i could find was the 1957 catalog with the removable top tube(so im not sure if it a 57 or not but no other pics to compare and no serial # so..........). this looks exactly like it minus the streamers & training wheels when i got it....
http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951 ... 57_11.html
was interesting tearing it down the pedals are slip on, the crank has keeper pins for the arms, there are no bearings in the headset or bottom bracket( just brass bushings) was definatley a first!!

lookin sharp and your welcome for the parts thanks for supporting college. nice job on the pixie and that is the earliest one i have ever seen.

gotta support good people! my lbs has 2 people working there, the owner(great guy spent an hour digging around looking for a positron cable for me) and another guy(wont give you the time of day let alone help order anything)id rather drive the 45 miles to go someplace where the people are good than get an attitude any day!

Back