first welding project ratrod kids wagon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this is probably the wrong place to post this but i cant get into the "other talk" section on this comp for some reason. feel free to move, but anyways here is the wagon. it is my son's and well as you can see we decided to break in the new tools i got. this is also one of my first stabs at stripping so what do you guys think?

wagon001.jpg

wagon002.jpg

wagon003.jpg

thanks buddy i had to weld washers on where the stock clips go that hold the wheels on because the old ones kept falling off. oh yea and with my boy in it we found out it does great wheelies dragging the rear end, but because of the rear wheels being moved forwards and it sitting so low it has no chance of flipping. maybe i need to ad the ti screws from 1/2 pint to the rear maybe it will spark?

karfer67 said:
maybe i need to ad the ti screws from 1/2 pint to the rear maybe it will spark?

You could use replacement lighter flints (a cigar shop will have them.) Mount them in holes drilled in a piece of nylon or plastic (like a cheap cutting board,) attach to the underside of the trailer and make sparks! I used to do that with skateboard tail blocks BITD...

thanks this was fun when my friend was helping me out i dont think at first he grasped how low i wanted it so i stuck a screw driver handle under it and said "there." i will add the ti screws and try it again they wont spark on 1/2 pint because there is no pressure pushing down on them. so bolted to the bottom of the wagon with the boy in it that should do it. and when you say rear end pics you want to see the underside how it was done? actually the rear was simple cut the structure in half flip them cut the axle one end is welded to the side of the body just under the lip goes through the structure and into the wheel. let me know and i will snap some more pics. oh yea and how do you like the striping not bad for a newbe with craft paint and brush hehe.

Wagons a real hot down here.Guys are always doing em up & slammin em down.I do have to say that I like really like yours.It is clean & low.I like it a lot,really.

thanks when i started it i wanted to try and reuse as much of the original wagon parts as possible. i know it would have been cool to use some go kart wheels and tires but i think i actually like this better. and as for the ranchero where it sits is where i like it. i drive it way too much to have it super low and air bags are just too expensive.

That is sweet. Any more pics or info you can give on that would be much appreciated. Im trying to find a wagon to do something similar, but haven't had any luck yet, except for the cheap chinese plastic ones. I want real steel dangit. :lol:

thanks this one started out stock as a roadmaster wagon that i got from wal mart of all places. only trouble i ran into was the steel of the body is very thin and burns through real easy with the welder. i have worked with older wagons and not had these problems because the steel is much thicker. otherwise it works very well. as for the truck thanks if you look under other talk for "daddy has a new toy" out will find pics on her. the 62 is my daily ride drivin 40 miles a day, gets 20 mpg, and in one year i have loged just under 10,000 miles.

Back