Formost Swinger 3 rust bucket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image.jpg
A Stubborn seat post that penetrating oil wouldn't even touch!! I resorted to a tool that I use for removing car glass.. It only heats up the metal.. This sucker/seat post, had welded itself in with years of rust!! I ended up using this magnetic Heat inductor..
image.jpg
You can't see the smoke in the picture but it really made the frame glow red hot and finally let loose..
image.jpg
I was then able to bead blast the frame!! I then painted it as close to the original orange color I could match...
image.jpg
Now Swinger shines bright with the Rams Horn and Rail... This is the before picture..
image.jpg
The only original paint was under the decal and head badge..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 168
WOW, that looks great! That color is amazing!

Let me know what the guard looks like on that one. I had Bruce Crawford, a decal maker up here in Ohio make the headbadge decals for Foremost bikes (he sells them on eBay) and he made a guard decal too, for F Series bikes. Mine was a coaster and just had Swinger on it, but I bet he could add a 3 for you and you'd have a killer replacement decal. He makes the frame decals too. Send me an email and I will give you his contact info if you want.

Back