Found an awesome Bike Shop Today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've driven past this place on the way to my inlaws or parents house 100's of times and always sadi I should stop in. Old weathered lookin bike shop in Searsport, ME. Today I did. WOW! This guy is awesome. First of all the place is full of stuff, all kinds of stuff, from the latest $300 Campy Crankset, to springer forks, Brooks saddles new and used, 144 spoke wheels in 20, 24, 26 it was like bicycle heaven! Right along side the latest $9K Carbon Fibre Tour de France bikes were classic Schwinns, Columbia's and best of all his own custom Rat Rods! They actually were more like lowrider bikes with 26" 144 spoke rear wheels, 16" many spoke fronts huge springers, huge apes, crazy colors like blue and green Zebra stripes and more. There were beautifuly restored bikes, nice originals, recumbants, folders, the lates from Biancci, Fuji, custom BMX bikes and on and on. He even takes old lugged steel roadbikes and sells his own fixies anywhere from $250 to the sky's the limit. I was so overwhelemed I didn't even ask his name but I will go again. The gentleman is likely aproaching or past 60 and is a big guy. To see his custom Boron Biancci racing bike and pics of his others gave me hope. If you ever get up this way you must visit him. I'm gonna let him do my fixie as he has everything right there new or used and knows what works with what. He even has French bike stuff and he an Astra 10-spd the same vintage as my folder. He told me more about it thatn anyone yet. He new what my Jetter's were too. He used to sell them. He said a 24" Jetter BMX is rare as heck but not very valuble... at least yet.

Birgfeld's Bicycle-Skate Shop

207-548-2916 184 E Main St, Searsport, ME 04974

Back