help with schwinn frame i.d (lowrider)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i picked up this bike a few years back at a swap meet just because it looked radical. a few welding buddies have noticed it looked like a old Schwinn but cant confirm it. first off the front end near the spring says lowrider (where my finger is) then the vin is #9 long? im not sure what to make out of all of this but after a couple hours online of some investigating,my eyes hurt and are staring to bleed.so im throwing in the towel and need your help. i would like to know more about my bike and whether is worth restoring or customizing. thanks jer

photo_33.jpg

photo_25.jpg

H96090021
photo_13.jpg

photo_14-1.jpg

photo_24.jpg

photo_41.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not a Schwinn. The H serial and the stretched frame both point to Huffy but it's different from a Huffy Rail. H9 should be '69 if it is indeed Huffy built.

Either that or it's a newer Bratz bike that's been spraybombed and cobbled together. Customize it 8)

wow thanks for the quick replys. there were to many doubts in my mind that it wasn't o.g. first off you cant pedal the bike with the slightest lean. then there is turning well thats a whole other problem. i know schwinn made all diffrent kinds of bikes but i could never see them building something you can hardly ride.

Back