HuffyDesigner's Covert Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bike that I posted with my intro. I am pleased to say that it has moved into phase three, or four (I've lost track). I finally got around to painting the fork, quite an improvement. But the biggest change in this phase is the micro drive that I put on today. I talked a product manager into getting me a 14t coaster brake cog from one of our factories. It showed up on my desk at lunch time today, I had it apart and put back together by 3 pm. I am loving this bike, it's just fun.

• As it looked in my intro •

DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_7741.jpg

• As it is now•

DSC_8349.jpg

DSC_8351.jpg

Future plans include:
Custom head badge
New frame "paint job"

-HuffyDesigner

Looks good. Is the gearing still fairly low. That fork is still one of the coolest. Reminds me of my favorite fork-Kona P2

that thing is cool.. so how is that gearing ? like the black on the forks much better. 8)

Just got back from a spin around the block, I think the gearing is perfect (14t rear and 28t front). I love being able to take a little break from work and tool around on this thing.

-HuffyDesigner

I really like the looks of the micro-drive on this bike. I'm doing the same on my Oriole 30/13 but I'm only driving a 24" on the back should feel closer to a 30/15, taking advantage of my straight chainstays. May switch to a 25/12 later.

Back