im gonna kick jack frost's ....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18 degrees right now, forecast calls for nothing under 32 for the next 3 days. i have 2 projects that im anxious to finish that are only needing paint before i can reasemble them. my garage is my workshop but my pilot light is in there so no stipping/prepping/painting in there.... aaaarrgghhh!!
fast eddie outty

Hey it was 70 something degrees down here in Texas. Everybody was out mowing their yards,and cleaning up from our couple weeks of winter. It was terrible this year . It got down to freezing twice.

We've had near 70s, well below freezing, rain, hail and snow. All in the last week I think. Even the nice days I hate to get out in the garage and get something started knowing the next day it'll be too cold to continue.
It's probably good to be forced to take a break otherwise I'd probably burn myself out... or be living with a house full of bikes and no wife.

Hey randy its not so bad,Due to this bike affliction I have now, there are three bikes and a frame in my living room. One of them is her's so she just puts up with it and cleans around them. She is gone for 8 days....hummmm I wonder how many frames I can build :D

-23C (-9F) here last night and a balmy -13C (8.6F) during the day. Not too much snow though. As much as I enjoy riding in the snow (no really, I do) there comes a point when one does get mighty tired of the cold.

Ah well, I guess now's a good time to retreat down to the Rat-Cave, work on some long neglected projects and de-crud the MTB's .

-Mp

So Cal is pretty nice right now I think it might of hit 80 today. I did some painting, ran to bass pro shops, now I am sitting here at 8:44pm with the window open and the ceiling fan on the temp is about 75 upstairs.

yea it was a pretty awesome 75 degrees out yesterday :p

sorry i had to rub it in....rub it in when its summer i'll get to ride in the 98degree 100%humidity weather....

i hope you guys are keepin toasty :D

It was well below 0 here most of the night and with the wind chill they said something like 20 below 0. The high yesterday was 5 and that was around noon. I also had time to work on bikes just did it on a tarp in the living room :mrgreen:

lol I know what you guys mean. Yesterday it was about 0 degrees average with an average wind chill of -15 degrees..... Too cold to work on bikes for that I think.

its negitive 2 degrees right now, WITH Windchill feels like negative 10, Thats what they say. Cold dont bother me, It does but..
Idunno.

Here in N/E IN, it's up to 10* and it was -2* at 6:30 when I rode to work. Everything has a crunchy ice shell, even the snow fells frozen! :shock: We did have a ton of rain, and our lake was as high as I've ever seen.But the ice was still there, then the temp fell and the water drained off and these 4" to 10" thick sheets of ice are sticking up along the shore. Looks crazy :!:

Back