iRide Custom's latest build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a new stretch I made for a buddy this morning.

HPIM0322.jpg

HPIM0324.jpg

Cool! I was wondering if a twin top tube would work on a bike like that? Kinda like the old Torker BMX bikes but with twin middle tubes if you know what I mean? I am so diggin those stretch cruisers. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!

Markm,

I made most of it this morning. I think I worked on it for about 5 hours or so. I made the rear dropouts and rough cut the pieces out for the frame at a buddy's shop the day before yesterday. Today was all the crappy stuff about a build like capping the ends of tubes, notching the ends of the tubes, cutting them to the exact length, and so on...

Gravediggerjason,

Yeah, the down tube will be left pointy. It's capped off at the end too.

Superflygeoff,

I am planning on making some iRide "Talon" handlebars for it. They look like this...

TheJetBike.jpg

armandgil,

I know exactly what you mean. As a matter of fact, I have a Torker in my garage right now. I am sure twin top tubes would work just fine and probably look killer!

I'll make sure and get a picture of it when it's finally done.

Dan

Lovin the cruisers Dan. Have you thought of doing a curved seat tube to match the curve of the rear tire? I think Basti does that on a couple of his frames and I think it looks pretty sweet. Your cruisers look super ridable. The geometry looks reallly stable. You should go into business with this whole bike thing :wink: :wink:

jeff

i LOVE you dude, You make some of the sweetest bikes on here, heck y'all make sweet bikes, I LOVE IT!!

Thanks!! My bikes are in the company of some of the coolest bikes that can be found ANYWHERE! The quality of work the other guys on this site have shown in their is second to none. I am proud and honored to be part of the gang.

Dan

Back