Late 90's Raleigh M40

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a quality older bike. I can't say if you can flip it for profit because I have no idea what it would sell for in your area. If you deiced to buy it to ride my opinion is it's a very good deal if all the major components are working and in good shape. I'm biased though because I love those 90's chromoly steel bikes.

Yeah, I'm a fan of them myself. Don't know a whole lot about this particular one, but what little I can find on the 'net is possitive. I'm probably going to run out at lunch time and check it out. The ad says it's in rough shape, but based on the pics it just looks like it needs a clean up and tune.

Around here, I could get about $150 for it after a tuneup and seat.

I picked it up just a little while ago. Paint is pretty scuffed (guy said he bought it for his teenage son BITD, and he was fairly careless with it). Otherwise everything is in great condition. Little soap and water and a tune up should make a real nice bike.

It seems to me like most of the 80's and 90's chromoly steel frames were made by Giant in Taiwan, leading to the similarities between many brands and models.

Latest posts

Back