LBS problems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a couple of shops I deal with here in town, and to tell you the truth I always kinda got an eliteist vibe from them. A couple of days ago I dropped a wheel off with them cause I couldnt get the hub adjusted right.Turns out the pads were all screwed up. They went through thier junk pile trying to find replacements and even asked to keep the wheel for a couple of days so they could check w/ thier other store, I was impressed. They called today to tell me they had no luck in finding replacements, and that it would be too expensive to order them and labor. I am going to pick it up tommorow and while i'm there I am gonna order a set of ''quick brick'' 26x 2.125 in brown (they are too cool)30.00 bucks a pop. I don"t know what i"m gonna put them on yet but I will buy them from this shop cause they treated me right. :D 8)
8558.jpg

Edit----- I need a sobbing, pouting, bummed icon !!!!! Went to the shop today only to have the manager tell me they dont order tires!!! even though one of the workers told me two days ago, "no problem". I have searched online to no avail. It took me two days to talk myself into buying these tires I'm afraid it will take longer than that to not be bummed :cry: :x :( :!:

There are a couple close to me. I went to one the other day since Electra's website said they were a dealer for them. Went inside and was eyeing the classic looking bikes thinking they were electra's, the young kid snotly said they were Treks, so I asked if they were an electra dealer knowing they were, he said yes they were but they didn't have a catalog????? :roll:
Some kind of dealer. If I needed anything from electra I would have to find the part number on Electras website and bring it in to them to order it. Whats the point???

:shock: That's just Crazy! My only LBS for 90 mi. has Electra's. Acually about 4 or 5! Never saw any acessories. Did ask if they carried Felt. Said I gotta go to Bend. About 150 mi. :roll:
L8 EM

felt is a hard company to deal with. their bikes are only avalible for a few months out of the year (we have almost all their cruisers in stock now) but their tires are really popular. but some like the all white tires wont be avalible till april. not sure on the brown ones did not ask the last time i called. but if you want them i can see if they have them. we try to be the "un" shop where we actually cater to those ridding cruisers more so than say someone on a carbon fandango thingy. not to say we cant help them too and we do but cruisers are our bread and butter. almost done with a full resto on a 71 schwinn cotton picker i will post some pics of the before and after in my opinion it is my best work yet.

i tried to order some white thick brick thru a dealer but they shot me a $60 ea price :shock: , there cool but not that cool , is that price outta line with felts pricing karfer ?? seems silly to me

Back