Mama Schwinn-master of the 2 speed kickback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1010617-1.jpg

My wife has been wanting a nice multispeed bike bike. The Murray is nice but it's single speed and the frame does flex and creek. I had been looking for a Hollywood for her when I luckily stumbled upon this prize.
P1010681.jpg

P1010683.jpg

P1010684.jpg

P1010682.jpg

Yep, that's a 2 speed kick back.
P1010685.jpg

P1010689.jpg

P1010690.jpg

I got a great deal on it and as you can see it's moved to the top of the list. Before I tore it down my wife mastered the 2 speed in the driveway. She now has 3 bikes and I told her she needs to post an intro seeing how she also has a 'problem'. Thanks to Rob for letting me buy it from under him. I know you also had your eye on it.
P1010694.jpg

2spd kickback give you a second gear when you slightly pedal backwards(not brake). On the redband you get a lower gear. I am not sure about the yellow band though

cman said:
2spd kickback give you a second gear when you slightly pedal backwards(not brake). On the redband you get a lower gear. I am not sure about the yellow band though

RED & YELLOW - lower gear for hills (they say AUTOMATIC on the brake arm), geared the same but have different parts internally

BLUE - higher gear for speed (the say OVERDRIVE on the brake arm)

Latest posts

Back