My 2 newest old bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First is a Raleigh Sports from I believe 1970-1971. I actually bought 2 of them, this is the best of both, I have a cedo lock for the rear wheel to put on as well as a tailight. I saved all the premade cables and brakes and will put some single speed wheels on the other and use it as a beater.

sports.jpg

The Second bike is a 1995 specialized Globe 7 speed. It was ahead of its time in the states and did not sell well. It has the first Nexus internal 7 speed and a rear drum brake. Also it has a rear wheel lock. I had a 3 speed version way back when and it was stolen. The handlebars have been changed and the rear taillight on the fender is missing. The pedals and seat were shot but I have them. i added the bell, orange wheel reflectors and the coffee cup holder on the stem came from my langster. Sorry the pictures arent better but I did a century today and Im too tired to carry these up the stairs.

globe.jpg

The second Raleigh Sports is faded from the sun, it had a cedo lock stuck through the rear wheel. I was able to get the combination for it from a Raleigh forum and will put it on the nicer bike. This front fender on here is from the other bike. Seems like riding a Raleigh of the curb wipes out the front fenders. Anyway, the second bike will have the same bars, single speed coaster brakes wheels from an AMF with black tires, a black seat and black pedals. No fenders, lights, or rear rack. I will only need a pair of grips for it. Of course all of this is after I clean and repack all the bearings. It sat outside for a few years in Denver.

Back