New bike traded for some tractor parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new Murray MeteorFlight, traded for a used car battery and some tractor parts, about 40 bucks altogether.
2921402199_d01f0660c7_b.jpg

It's a little more green than the picture shows, but the light tank is in amazing shape, the paint is pretty good, but my favorite part is the sturmey archer 3 speed wheel. I don't know if it came like this or if someone added it later, but both rims look like they are the same, and the chrome is in real good shape all around, just needs cleaned up. Don't know what th plans are, but I figured it was worth it. My mother-in-law expressed great interest and dare I say, a hint of jealousy, when I showed her a picture. So maybe a Christmas present? We'll see. Either way, all I have to say is this: Thank you Craigslist. :mrgreen:

Check the wheels to see if they are stamped "M.O. MFG". If they are, then they are probably original. I have a Murray Skybolt with a SA 3spd coaster, and both wheels are stamped that way. Looks like you got a good deal, I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago, and the guy had a bike like yours, but a single speed and not as clean, for $100.00.

Back