New member looking for advice. How would you make this bike an Ebike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am a new member in Ontario and have built a few custom bikes over the years.
More of my bikes on you tube if you want a good laugh.https://youtu.be/KaR_srrRStI
I want to convert this bike to electric. Looking for ideas. what would you do?
It currently has a seven speed internal gear hub with a coaster brake (I am not sure if that's the correct terminology.? You pedal backwards to brake.)

Attachments

• hands.jpeg
    hands.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Rear close up.JPG
    Rear close up.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Front close up.JPG
    Front close up.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 5
Hey Garrick that's a nice custom you've got there. I don't have any answers about electrifying it, just wanted to shout out to another Ontario ratter. Where are you at in the big province? I'm about as far east on the 401 as you can go without being in Quebec, about ten minutes from the border

Hey Garrick that's a nice custom you've got there. I don't have any answers about electrifying it, just wanted to shout out to another Ontario ratter. Where are you at in the big province? I'm about as far east on the 401 as you can go without being in Quebec, about ten minutes from the border
Hey Matt. Thanks for your comment. I am west in southern Ontario near London. I'm about 10 minutes to the lake (Erie).
I was hoping to start a discussion with somebody about their experiences with EBikes. I really want to go with a mid drive and keep the internal gear hub, or maybe even put in a jack shaft and power the wheel directly from the motor, and paddle the jack shaft. However as you said, this is not your area.

Back