new project john deere commuter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, this one is going to be my commuting bike for the year I think. Got her torn apart down stairs and making my list of needed parts. The curb weight is a bit more than I was expecting, but with some heavy lugs, she should take the bumps out of the road real nice. the guy I got it from already redished the rear and put it on a bmx hub with a freewheel and made an SS out of it. Figure the bars will get swapped for bullhorns, get a better saddle, but try to keep it unassuming so people aren't tempted to liberate it from my posetion.

I'm diggin the style on this thing, and appears from my research that it is an early 70's make. The deere yellow fenders and seat were not original, but it cracked me up when I saw it. Can't really tell from the photo, but the paint is pretty close to a flat black, going to do my best to preserve the original lettering, head badge and striped rings around the tubes. But the bright pink spider bolts are going to have to go! I also like the front fork is half painted and half chrome, pretty cool.

Ideas on how to make this thing a bit more "rat"?

2346288531_7716485cd7_o.jpg

DiscoStu

I like the yellow fenders. Leave the paint, change the bolts and find a comfy seat. Perfect commuter bike.

Back