Next build will be Texas theme.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dreamed about it last night. Sad huh. I have a girls murry, 60's with a tank. Im going to do the tank in the Texas flag. Put some leather someplace. Some Texas stars. I even have a couple of license plates Im going to try and work in. Im trying to find ways to go real fancy paint on the fenders. Very detailed, lots of clear coat. I know near nothing about painting. So any ways to get the look without buying gobs of stuff would be nice. I have been searching the net to find custom painted bicycle rims ( how to ). Not having any luck.

Ohh, I seriously need to make a cow hide seat. I could fashion a holster water holder. Ah, and leather saddle bag of somekind. Hmm maybe some spurs someplace..

Got any ideas shoot away.. One thing I can't picture is horns....

Im so tired. Did I spell theme wrong? :oops:

TEXAS or WESTERN, forgive me if any of this sounds corny, im from illinois (but southern illinois) :mrgreen:

put some spurs on the pedals !!!

or a gun holster on the tank/frame with a toy gun (like the hop-a-long cassidy roolfast bike) :D

i like the horns idea, are you thinkin on the bars or the front fender or other ???

a leather tooled seat too like a saddle maybe ???

sheriffs badge hubcaps ???

cow hide rear fender side skirts ???

now i want a western themed bike !!!

Picture this:
FrankenBike%2015%20NOV%2018,%202006%20055.jpg

image_5578627.jpg

image_5578589.jpg

Texas..
I don't think I could do the horns. Leather tooled seat yes, or cow hide. Hubcaps? What is that on a bike? Leather tooled bag or holder of some kind. Definitly a Texas bike and not western. I want to represent the state, use the flag someplace, like on the fender. Incorporated the state star, etc. Here in Texas Ill have to have a Texas A&M and a Long Horn someplace.

Ill have to do some history research. Look at Cowboy pictures, legislature and government logos. Perhpas bobed wire someplace. Isnt there bobed wire spokes?

I had this idea to find some old boots, which is easy to do around here, to use the material to cover the seat. Man finding some real cool multi colored would be nice. Or an old leather vest with a cow skull on it.

I guess this means I should paint the rims wagon wheel tan, brown, what ever you call it.

Any ideas on how to connect those bars on the horns? I think I gotta build one now jtdaddy. I live in Fort Worth,Eat Sleep & breathe TEXAS.I live here & still can not get enough.That bike is real cool,but I would do a lot of things different.I do like he bars the most.

oldgreenbean said:
Any ideas on how to connect those bars on the horns?
I love the horns! Thought about it last night... How about a bolt through a 2 piece BMX neck with a bolt on either side going down to a lower cross bracket? You could cover with leather after! (just gotta find some horns! :wink: )
L8 EM

I thought about that also.. There is this foam crack filler that would also help to hold them in place once you got them where you wanted them....You can get it at home depot...

I think Im going in the wrong direction for the bike...Im thinking Texas, not western... Lone Star state etc.

Exactly. That's not where this should go. It's going to be Texas...Greenbean I wish we lived closer. It takes so long to get from lake ray hubbard to where you are........
JT

JT- you wouldn't by any chance be the same JT I met in Rockford a few years back, would you?

Texas...gotta have an oil derrick sissy bar on it, and some NASA Mission Control gauges and gizmos on the bars. And a Terry Labonte #5 sticker or license plate!

Im not sure where Rockford is. Rockwall Texas maybe. But no not Rockford. Those are great idea's. For some reason Im changing on this all the time. I seem to want to go minimal here, and make it kinda, a quiet bike until you get up on it. I want the quiet cool look until you notice the detail. The whole lonestar state thing, being ( lone, high plains drifter, don't mess with Texas, or Ill mess with you, kinda thing.)
Flag on the tank. Some kind of serious leather seat ( second hand store boot). Texas star symbol, and a few other symbols painted on the bike and fenders somehow. Not loud though. Im trying to stay away from Billy the Kid bike or the Toy story cowboy bike.
Texas is a place of good people. We have also a reputation of being tuff, or hardcore. Like our early pioneers or ranchers. That's the spirit I want to capture.
And by the way if you havent noticed, I move real slow. This might take a year..

Back