Next RBBO?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know many of your are still wrapping up on your current bikes, but any idea when the next buildoff will occur? If soon, I'll hold off on my next project.

Any ideas on rules/frame restrictions, etc?

Thanks!

not for awhile. i like doing the big build off once a year. kinda like an end of year fling. i think it would be fun to do a silly build off like the diamond frame. lets do a pixie build off where your bike has to have 16 inch wheels or smaller. otherwise i say just build it some of the most influential bikes here were built not for a build off but just because.

i agree w/Karfer, theres a ton of great ideas on the Build Off Bikes, but i think some of the best ideas come from outside the comp. (or are outside of the rules :mrgreen: ), pixie build off sounds cool tho. as for me, i NEED a tall bike next.

wow, that's weird, the database hiccup must've deleted my post from earlier.

Basically, I said I would go ahead, I've got so many ideas, I might as well proceed, and then when the next build off rolls around, I'll start something else. I just wasn't sure how frequently they occured.

thought it was just me i guess not. just start saving the really cool parts for the next build off. or ooohh a special tandem build off

karfer67 said:
thought it was just me i guess not. just start saving the really cool parts for the next build off. or ooohh a special tandem build off

There are actually too older tandems on craigslist right now that I've been eyeing... there are rarely anything cool locally, but there is an older girls bike I saw too, cool frame, with tank, but I'm not sure I would ride it, so I haven't persued it.

oldgreenbean said:
Isn't everyday a build-off on this site?

CORRECTAMUNDO!
31fonzie.gif

i like the rules that we use for the build off. maybe a special smaller one for those of you who want to do full custom frames. but the original intention of rat rod bikes is to take an original frame and make it cool with out cutting everything to ribbons and i think that last years winner proved that as do all the build off bikes this year. also i am glad for the once a year build off it is stressfull

just to clarify karfer67

I do not want the original BBO changed in the least!!!! its great just like it is! I am of full support of it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm only suggesting a sepperate BBO with no rules for those of us who are able to do a little more :D Im sure the others would find the build fun to watch....I know I would :p

talk to steve he is the man in charge. i still would wait till the spring so everyone can gather some more parts

I'm with you on that Firewalker. Even though I couldn't really participate because I can't weld, yet, it would be cool to see what people come up with. Hmmm, that would be a NHBRBBO. I think the only rule should be rattle can paint jobs, but then again who cares about rules in a no holds barred!

Back