Nishiki Olympic 12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked this up at a thrift store. I'm not a road bike guy, and it's a little too tall for me, so I'll probaly clean it, replace the tires, and flip it. Frame says Tange Cromoly, and has Sugino cranks, Suntour down tube shifters, and Dia-Compe brakes. Handlebars are black anodized with black wrap, and are stamped world custom, Japan, next to the stem. Any ideas what it might be worth?
nishiki001.jpg

You can also sell any alloy 3-piece crankset on eBay fairly easily. Any old Suntour, SR or Sugino alloy crank usually brings anywhere from $15 to $60. The same goes for vintage brakes, derailleurs, stems, shifters, etc. I've made quite a bit of $$ by parting out old vintage racers, selling the frames/wheels locally and the parts on eBay. I think the $150 estimate already mentioned is fair. So far, my best thrift store find was an early 90's Pinarello road bike with Shimano Ultegra parts. Got it for $16 and sold it for $300 the next week. If road bikes aren't your interest, you can at least use them to make some cash!

Back