Official Posting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well my bike that I got out of the trash has come along way. I just put the 80cc engine on about a week ago & have already messed up 2 rear wheels but it's fun!
bike.jpg
2250_P1010001_1.jpg

cool!
I really like the handlebars that were on it before the motor...

Please tell of your wheel whoas, I may be able to help you. If you mount your drive sprocket wrong they will eat your spokes. I've been running the chinese kits for several years now, any questions feel free to ask...Kelly

Kelly, i Got a question, my buddy mike got 1 of these engines, His is leaking oil from the side of the crank case, Is this normal?

ricksterr1221 said:
Kelly, i Got a question, my buddy mike got 1 of these engines, His is leaking oil from the side of the crank case, Is this normal?
The gaskets that come with these kits are crap. You can get gasket kits from any number of dealers. Another solution that I have not tried but have been told is beter than stock is to cut gaskets out of a cereal box, no really, its supposed to be more durable than the original ones...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
Another solution that I have not tried but have been told is beter than stock is to cut gaskets out of a cereal box, no really, its supposed to be more durable than the original ones...Kelly

OR, you could go to your local automotive parts house and buy an actual roll of "Fel-pro" gasket making paper for under $5. I've used this stuff before, and it's alot nicer than using a cereal box :wink:

LOL, that'll work too :roll: ...Kelly

Thanks guys, Kelly, i can get one of these motors for 50 dollars off my buddy. It needs a carb screw and a coupla other things. Is that cheap? i mean i know its cheap but is it worth it?

If you know and trust the guy and the kit is complete and in working order, I say yes but they can be work if they're not complete...Kelly

He couldnt never get the clutch cable 2 work, He said it was too long, Is this a difficult issue 2 fix? I Would LOVE! To put this engine on my spitfire.

nogoodnic42 said:
ricksterr1221 said:
The gaskets that come with these kits are crap. You can get gasket kits from any number of dealers. Another solution that I have not tried but have been told is beter than stock is to cut gaskets out of a cereal box, no really, its supposed to be more durable than the original ones...Kelly

Back in the early 70's, the hot ticket was to use silver Testor's model panit that came in the bottle. you didn't shake it up, just went straight to the gooey bottom sludge and painted it on. All the local Flattrack and mxers used this instead of head and jug gaskets. At least two of them used it on the crankcases. I'd hate to see what it would do to one of the new bikes though.

Kelly is there any preference to General Mills over Post Cereals? Should we stay with Kellogg's brand and keep the home economy flowing? :mrgreen:

Kellogs, deffinatly Kellogs...Kelly :lol:

ricksterr1221 said:
He couldnt never get the clutch cable 2 work, He said it was too long, Is this a difficult issue 2 fix? I Would LOVE! To put this engine on my spitfire.
Ricky, clutch cables are a simple fix...Kelly

tastes in gaskets

i vote for the cereal box, maybe when you ride it will smell like "fruit loops"!!! :lol: :roll:

Back