purple mongoose fs1 question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my sister still has her purple mongoose fs1 she got christmas of 87 ( i still have my 87 blue gt performer that i got the same christmas ) and i was thinking of restoring hers for her. the problem is it is in her basement so i cant just run down there n see it. so i was thinkin it will most deffinately need tires. what tires originally came on the fs1 ( make n model ?) ( i do know they are white tires ) i want it to be a surprise so i figured id give her the tires for christmas with the promise ill restore the bike for her.
i just finished restoring my own gt performer so i can take a pic of it in front of the christmas tree ( ya know , a 25 years later shot :wink: )

thanks in advance for any help :mrgreen:

slugger!
thats them ! i remember the tread pattern being like that. yeah lemme know what they have for make n such. thanks!
yours is exactly the color too.

I wouldnt be surprised if my bike wasn't 'little sister owned' either. I is in great condition. Totally un-thrashed! All the reflectors left on it. You need any other detail shots for reference along the way let me know!

For what its worth, I have the same exact tire on my pieced together 'goose, only in pink. I bought mine from the Chop. They are re-pop Duros and the tread pattern is a Comp ST style. When I bought mine, he had white ones in stock but that was some time ago. In checking his website, it seems he only has them left in red and lime green. They ride smooth and fast!

they were probably CST freestyles, which havent been made for a while... those Duro ST's are about as close as your gonna get 8)

Back