Purple Schwinn Slick Chick?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I locate a 1930 Chrysler 4 door, and I'm at the guy's house picking it up when out of the corner of my eye I spot some really cool purple bike! When I focus on it, I can see it's a schwinn girls bike, doesn't look bad, needs a little steel wool and and a new seat... not sure about tires. I didn't even go look at it. I was mainly focused on getting the car loaded on the trailer, no tires on the wheels so it was a job. So we get it all loaded up and about to leave, and I look at the guy and tell him I'll haul off that "old" bike for him... looks at me and then the bike, says take it! I said cool. Then he goes into telling me it's a schwinn. So i go grab it and pull the weeds outta the wheels, and load it up then I notice is has a whitewall slick on it and says "Slick Chick" on the chain guard. I couldn't find anything on ebay so I wasn't sure it was rare or what? Any help would be great, and I'll post pics tomorrow evening, too dark to take them tonight. Thanks fellas!

Chaddilac

could be a desirable bike whats the serial number on it? and take some pics!
slick chick was the girls version of the stingray
and if its an early year the frame color is very desirable

I'll take a look, I left it proped next to the chrysler at my pop's house. The purple color is vibrant! almost like the old dodge darts...

i bet it is opal like this?
attachment.php

not as much as a boys ofcourse but yes desirable it could be a 1964 model which is very early
they made a different violet later on but I dont think the later ones came with a whitewall slick
you need rat rod to clean it up! lol

should be by the rear axle on the left side
I am no pro on the stingrays but I have been around abit and the schwinn forum will have all the answers
sadly most generally these part out better than sold complete

Hooch said:
not as much as a boys ofcourse but yes desirable it could be a 1964 model which is very early
they made a different violet later on but I dont think the later ones came with a whitewall slick
you need rat rod to clean it up! lol
all the slik chiks came with whitewalls...lots of good parts on these bikes.......only girls bike witha s-2 rear wheel.same bars,fenders,seats,wheelset as boys stingray................the pink slic chik from the liz freid book was ta trexlertown this past year............

That color in its self is rare.. and Slik Chiks sell because you can use the parts on the boys stingray..I saw a mint one go for a thou on ebay.. I say fix it up and keep it until somebody drops a stack in your hand..lol

Here it is.... looks like the bike is at least 1966. There are 3 city bike license on it, and the most recent is 1968....

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

And the 30 chrysler....

DSC00385.jpg

lol Slik Chick... that name sounds so Cool and wow... it looks awesome!!! So does that 1930 Chrystler of yours! You got it for free, how Cool is that! That purple is amazing! Nice find!

if everything is og on the bike its a 66....a 65 would have a high loop sissy bar with 3 holes at the bottom and a chrome seatpost clamp...........its also not opal violet.......................and its spelled "SLIK CHIK" :p phil

I figured it was a 66 model, since the license on the bike were 3 layers and the current one was 68. Sorry phil, I couldn't remember how it was spelled. :D

Back