Raleigh Rod STOLEN JULY 3rd....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my first build off...so stoked. Well i have been working and taking pictures on a bike that i was planing on entering. In my search of parts i came across a craigslist goldmine and paid nothing for it, now i have 7 new frames and a whole truck bed full of fenders, bars, rims, tires, just a dream. i also have found a 3wheeler that im trying to buy, so basically im undecided at this time which bike im entering but im basically building a couple right now anyways so ill pick one here soon. Also going to give a frame to a buddy in need and try see what he comes up with.
2010-05-09124627.jpg

the original start for the build off
2010-05-09221401_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

me trying to choose
2010-05-09212100_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

Re: so stoked

i really do, its fun, cant lie. im going to go with my original pick because mainly i want to finish it. Im going to call it the Raleigh Rod.
I found this bike in my truck bed after a wild night of bar hopping on bikes. No one knew who's it was, so it became mine. 21speed, grip shift, aluminum framed mountain bike, that was never destined to be a RRB, but it fits it well and oh yeah the best part is i have 0 dollars on this bike so far unless u count some krylon. Yesterday i finished the mock up, It was so easy to ride and got a few compliments at the park. Its super light, wheelies like a champ, and has 21gears. I put the grip shift holders on the bars, white walled the knobbies and started painting!

blk schwinn seat and bars i got off a guy on here a week ago, THanks! but im gna have them on a different bike
2010-05-09221401_SafetyHarbor_Fl-1.jpg

white seat with the final bars, just a better fit
2010-05-11231002_SafetyHarbor_Fl-1.jpg

tigggggggg, needed a place to put my grip shifters...frankenstyle(sorry about the pics)
2010-05-12091710_Clearwater_Florida.jpg

2010-05-12091806_Clearwater_Florida.jpg

2010-05-12091841_Clearwater_Florida.jpg

out on the mock up cruise.
2010-05-12152242.jpg

2010-05-12152319.jpg

Re: Raleigh Rod(update may 13th)

doing work this afternoon
ce8af2e4.jpg

78a3989e.jpg

dbb9addd.jpg

acdf378d.jpg

and at the end of the night
315c0ee8.jpg

81a8f90b.jpg

had a cluttered up work bench that im turning into a bike shop, had this old rack laying around and now it works well

Re: Raleigh Rod(update may 13th)

nice build.
i get a real kick outta the raleigh headbadge and the "usa bicycle company"

you'd almost think raleigh was founded in the u.s. :lol:

Re: Raleigh Rod(update may 13th 2X)

havent updated in a while...was holding out till i got some of the major things done...last night it got stolen along with my gf bike. so bummed.
9e042af1.jpg

c52225c7.jpg

173b9fd3.jpg

was adding a set of aluminum "knuckles". i have them cut out and ready to weld on now. was tinkering possible knuckle shifters as well.
a4416321.jpg

so unless it somehow is found ill be out of this one.

Dang.

If it was a joyrider type thief, it might be laying around the local area somewhere. The couple I have had stolen are usually kids or drunks wanting to ride instead of walk, and they just dropped the bikes where ever when they were done. Check on CL for it over the next few weeks also. They also might pawn it for a few dollars, so the pawnshops are a good bet. A one of a kind bike like yours will stand out like a sore thumb. I'd carry a photo to prove it's yours.

i have driven all around...havent found anything, my cop buddy was at the house we were at and did a police report, ive talked to a few bikeshops, and have pictures on my phone. i hope turns up. thanks

That is one sweet build going on. I am hoping that you will find this beauty soon.

Back