Rat Build for Autism

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this cool little BMXer for my son who's autistic. He's pretty good on the trike at his school, but I want to advance him up to
his own Mini Rat...I stole the front end of my Quad Runner and flipped it for some cool training wheels! No tipping over on this baby... :D

AutismRat2.jpg

AutismRat.jpg

AutismRat1.jpg

hmm ... since I do not have either of those expensive looking things, I'll have to come up with another idea. That thing is wicked cool. I'll use it as inspiration.

In our local area you can find those used Razors quite often on C/L form $10 - $25 to use as a parts donor. I always just search "trike" and 'big wheel" in the bike listings.

I must have been a bit slower than usual yesterday. my apologies. I see what you've got going now. That is very cool. I've never seen those Razor trikes before either. I thought they were some high end adult dealie. And I thought the Quad was a purchase. I did not put it all together until just now looing at bothe photos together. :oops:

Now that I've got it all sorted out, I've got a reason to scour Craig's List again. :wink:

great job building the trike.

I am in the process of building a trike for my girlfriend's 12 year old autistic son. She bought him a trike to use at home, but as often as not, he's at his friend's house where lots of kids ride, and he needs a trike over there too. So I'm building him a rat that will stay outside there covered with a tarp.

I have almost everything I need. I need a better seat, elbow grease and a bottle of gumption. And a few hours of garage time.

Imagine the rear trike part (purchased from someone on this forum - Rusty Motors?, can't remember) painted flat black with a barn board deck, frame is staying chrome and I'll make a tank plate that reads "Steady as she goes" (he and his mom like the Raconteurs):

3742946454_b609b14efa_b.jpg

3742153887_b234e9cb4f_b.jpg

somewhere I'd like to find a place for this bumper sticker:

honksm.jpg

honk ,honk, i bet he loves it, good job man, maybe for your hinge problem at the seat post ,try modifying a front hub to mount on the seat post,then it can swing side to side and up an down,just a thought. i did one on trail bike i made to tow my son around on the bike trails,ill see if i have any pics for you.

metalman72 said:
honk ,honk, i bet he loves it, good job man, maybe for your hinge problem at the seat post ,try modifying a front hub to mount on the seat post,then it can swing side to side and up an down,just a thought. i did one on trail bike i made to tow my son around on the bike trails,ill see if i have any pics for you.

yeah my though exactly, shouldn't be too difficult, it's just about there now...Thanks!

Back