Rear Racks.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking around for a rear rack for my every day bike. I really like the ones that just hook up to the seat post, without supports going to the wheels. Has anyone had one like this, I'm curious as to how well they hold up. The one I like also doubles as a fender, so its like two for one so to speak.

They work very well.
you just cant carry someone on it..weight limit on theses is between 25-40lbs

Thanks, that is not a problem. Just need it for my clip board and things of that nature. I coach, and I ride to football practice on the bike to save gas, and I'm tired of riding with only one hand, or having to take a bag.

tartosuc said:
They work very well.
you just can't carry someone on it..weight limit on theses is between 25-40lbs

Yep, they do work quite well for light loads. Some brands have a quick release clamp which makes them easy to swap from bike to bike, but these usually have very light load ratings.

Axiom has a model that allows for panniers to be attached:

http://www.axiomgear.com/product/racks/ ... php?id=149

I have no personal experience with that particular rack, so I can't say how well it works. My feeling is that if your going to run the full pannier set-up, just go with the regular style rack (get a good quality one though).

-Mp

Multipass said:
tartosuc said:
They work very well.
you just can't carry someone on it..weight limit on theses is between 25-40lbs

Yep, they do work quite well for light loads. Some brands have a quick release clamp which makes them easy to swap from bike to bike, but these usually have very light load ratings.

Axiom has a model that allows for panniers to be attached:

http://www.axiomgear.com/product/racks/ ... php?id=149

I have no personal experience with that particular rack, so I can't say how well it works. My feeling is that if your going to run the full pannier set-up, just go with the regular style rack (get a good quality one though).

-Mp

axiom usually overbuilt theit stuff so i would not be worried about strenght on this one...but i do agree, if you go with pannier use regular rack

Back