Rim and Hub I.D.?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know, I know, I need to post a photo, but I'll try this first...

I pulled an old 26" rear wheel out of my dad's shed and took it home because it looked cool. It had an old 26x2.125 tire on it and equipped with a single speed coaster hub. Now the rim, is painted white with small red lines painted around each edge. The rim is kinda beat up, but it still looks perfect for a rat rod!

The hub was jammed/locked up so I took it apart to repair and service it. It had no markings anywhere on the shell. It was unlike anything I've seen before. I guess the most odd thing was the brake shoe setup it had. The shoe was almost a complete circle, only it had a triangular section cut out of it. The mechanism pushes the triangular piece into the shoe and that is what makes it expand. I didn't have my camera with me (at work killing time) so I could take any photos.

Anybody know what kind of wheel and/or hub I have? Better yet, anybody have a matching front rim they want to sell???????

Dan

lets see some early new departures used shoes like that as well as morows i think. i find it strange it did not say anything on the brake arm.

Back