Riverside Hoodride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy carp! Is the leather doodad a fishing pole mount? The bait box, the scale, it all starts to come together. If I'm right that is super cool.

Holy Carp indeed. You Sir, are a winner! Gonna add a little Higgins to this Schwinn. This is my vintage J.C. Higgins fiberglass rod with nickel plated Shakespeare reel and a pistol grip. Once again I am a sucker for bakelite.
IMG_20160723_191919673.jpg

Now if I just had somewhere to keep my catch.....

Very cool! I love the plot twist in the last week of the build off! :ninja: Well played sir!
I have been watching your build closely and noticed that I am not the only one holding back on full pics till its done. Such suspense! I did however start out with a big hint when I named the bike.

Love the old creels, so cool.:thumbsup:
I don't know why but it made me think of "The man in the black suit", a short story by Stephen King, basically a more modern version of Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown", and that's a compliment by the way. I'm going to have to take my kid fishing this week. Hope we don't meet an ageless stranger in the woods.
I ramble, can't wait to see the overall view of this build.

Final pics are in the can! I am on the road through the deadline but I will find time to get them up in the finished thread . In the meantime...
13664623_995622972011_135195821_n.jpg

Back