SCHWINN TYPHOON STRAIGHTBAR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
cant read the serial due to the repaint, arent these 62's ??

101_9699.jpg

101_9700.jpg

needs a lot of work but this will look like new when i'm done, it will just have to get in line behind 3 other bikes at the moment tho !!

the weird thing is the bottom race is missing :?:

and for hugo - "I had to beat the poor defenseless lady to her untimely end with her own handbag to get this bike" :mrgreen:

Yes, they sure were. All 1962's. If you need any more info on it, let me know, I have one and have researched them (though not much to tell)

If you ever want to part with it, let me know. I love these bikes.

My Typhoon Staightbar or "Twinbar" was the begining of the end for me and old bikes. (by end I mean begining) :wink:

SchwinnTyphoon001.jpg

SchwinnTyphoon002.jpg

SchwinnTyphoon004.jpg

SchwinnTyphoon003.jpg

typhoon-1.jpg

Now is the winter of our discontent.

aka, winter.

but...60 degrees tomorrow, flea market time.
:mrgreen:

I have a set myself, one dated Feb 14 Valentines day, and the other May 8th, my brother and niece's birthdays. The May frame has been painted black with red rims and apes, the Valentine frame is being restored to original(or atleast close) for my father inlaw(group effort). Funny that it seems that these frames are a little more special to me than the other cantilever frames I have, not only because of the dates, but because they are a little different than the rest that are out there.
082907008.jpg

Latest posts

Back