Stem shifter turned suicide brake.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have an old set of suntour stem shifters and I've been thinking of what I can do with them. One idea that came to me was a suicide brake.
As you can see in the picture, I just attatched a seatpost where it would normally clamp on to the stem, I would then weld together the shift levers and also weld on a frame clamp.
With this I will be able to control two brake (one attached to each of the original levers), I remember seeing online a while ago about someone who had attatched both brakes on the back so that he could lock up the rear wheel.

Oh,OK...yeah I guess I didnt understand how you were doing it. Now I know!

Yeah,It should work.

MagicRat said:
I dont think you could get enough leverage with those short handles to use them for brakes...hesitaters,maybe.

My DFBO has dual rear calipers.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2480

guess i missed this before but on my chopper i had to go two in the rear to get the beast to stop. this is how i did it without two leavers

prod_1012.jpg

Upper Class White Trash said:
MagicRat said:
I dont think you could get enough leverage with those short handles to use them for brakes...hesitaters,maybe.

My DFBO has dual rear calipers.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2480

guess i missed this before but on my chopper i had to go two in the rear to get the beast to stop. this is how i did it without two leavers

prod_1012.jpg
I have a couple of those and a mixte frame with two brake mounts, if I really feel adventurous, I can try 4 brake on the rear.

Four brakes on the rear...now THAT would be pretty Cool!

Kinda would remind me of a Military Transport Jet with calipers all the way around the brake rotors.

Back