Swap Meet Find..... not sure what it is w. sprocket pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah, nothing. I haven't really looked for a serial number either even though I'm not sure that would help. I like the bike and I might build it for my mom... she needs a bike..... and by needs, I mean I want her to have one so she will stop trying to ride mine when I stop over on my evening rides.

It is a prewar model of ??? (prewar -WWII)

You really should do a little more homework before you hand out"definitive answers" that are in-correct Phil.It is certainly a pre-war frame, there were many pre-war frames that did not use rear wheel stands. Its also very obvious that that it has been "pieced together" somewhat, I'm not trying to be a dork, I'm just saying share what you know for sure,and let someone else do the same. In the long run we all win that way! :roll:

my LBS was working on the hub and said it was a Columbia....
It's entirely possible the rims were swapped along with the sprocket at some point. Many postwar Roady's had rims with a slight bead right on the outside corners. Columbias tended to have square edged rims. What kind of coaster brake is it? If it's a Bendix red band, the rim is 1963 or later. I agree with Phil on the frame though, I know he's the Cleveland Welding expert 'round these parts! ~Adam

Back