The Beer Bike Gets Lit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....the local bike club (Central Georgia Cyclists) did the ACS Relay for Life this past weekend, and I took my rat bike an trailer as a novelty. All the serious cyclists in the club think it's coolest, and it got a lot of response from the non-bikers walking the event. As a club, we raised over $800 for the American cancer Society and rode a combined total over 1000 miles in 12 hours.

To be legal, I fabbed a couple lights for the Beer Bike. The headlight is an auto parts store reverse light mounted in a hacksawed coffee can, and the rear is a fantastic caddy-style marker light that mounted up perfectly to the rear axel stub. They run off a 12 volt sealed lead acid battery that I normally use for night rides on the mountain bike. Think your light's bright? my normal rig on the mtb is a 50 watt halogen. people think I'm a car.

Hate to do it this way, but to reduce pic uploading, it can be viewed at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ultraclyde

future plans include an LED conversion on the lights so I can run a small hidden battery pack.

Back