The Rat Fink Penny!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was able to work on the penny today

SANY0815.jpg

lots of changes I wanted to make.... first was to change the rear drop outs (or forks) so that I may add a bigger rim plus a cool duck bill fendar! as well as add on a disk brake hub 8)

SANY0816.jpg

OOOPPPPs no going back now :shock: :mrgreen:

SANY0822.jpg

I also wanted to change out the (not even a proper) steer tube

SANY0817.jpg

in its place is a full 1 1/8

SANY0825.jpg

SANY0825.jpg

It welded on real nice :D but it was a trick making it true :? however all is well :D

SANY0834.jpg

SANY0835.jpg

The next part will be to grind down the entire bike and smooth out all the ruff stuff before it can be powdercoated. Oh I also need to add steps

in the mean time both the front and rear rim will be sent out for powdercoating.....

FW

all i have to say is great job with the updates, but i bet some guy with an 1800's mustache and mutten chops is like "DUUUUUDE!!!! he screwed up a perectly good ride!!!" :lol: and i would also bet that front wheel will be plent of fun to true. :shock: :lol:

and i would also bet that front wheel will be plent of fun to true

lol funny that you mentioned that!

I used the rim's forks as the true stand and pinched it into a vice upside down :mrgreen: people had a good laugh as they came into the store. Wish I taken a picture but I did not have my camera with me :lol: belive it or not the rim was in great shape!

FW

Back