THIS IS TOO COOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is right. It would take you almost exactly that much to build one repro. I had a chance to by a Whizzer that was at one of the local farm auctions. I went there with $500, somebode else bought it for $1500, he didnt even know what it was, he just bought it because he saw one like it hanging in a cafe and thought it was cool looking.

According to the pic, I don't see a clutch on it? Looks like a single groove pulley of some sort has been mounted where the clutch goes and theres no belt running from the flywheel?

i saw it too and iduno i know it does not run so that is aganst it. i see running whizzers forsale on ebay for about the same. it is original paint that is cool but to find all the right parts that are missing and get her running it is going to cost at least another 500. i would say 1200 to 1500 is a more reasonable price.

karfer67 said:
i saw it too and iduno i know it does not run so that is aganst it. i see running whizzers forsale on ebay for about the same. it is original paint that is cool but to find all the right parts that are missing and get her running it is going to cost at least another 500. i would say 1200 to 1500 is a more reasonable price.

my thoughts exactly

Memory lane sells whizzer repro parts......

tikiharl said:
Seen one yesterday at the local schwinn shop for 1200 and change, said completely restored. 8)
For $1200 I'd jump on it. These things are only appreciating and you can't buy a new one for that...Kelly

It would be great if someone either had or had access to a complete original Schwinn WB507 framed Whizzer and could post some pics of it. You can find a Whizzer engine mounted on most any brand of bike, but Schwinn designed the WB507 series especially for Whizzer. I had two old Whizzers growing up. You've herd the song Shake Rattle and Roll. Well thats what you did on a Whizzer. You were constantly reminded that you were at the entry level of motorized transport. I've still got burn scars on my left leg from riding a Whizzer. The worst thing that could happen and did from time to time is getting your pants leg caught in the flywheel belt. Ouch!!! Also if you filled the gas tank completely full, the vented gas cap would allow gas to splash through the vent and all over your pants. But what a great time you had riding it. My mother always had a hard time getting me off of them to come into the house at night. Both had the factory lights with a generator that rolled against the flywheel. They eventually died with crank bearing failures and warped cylinder heads and back in those days there were no parts or availability anywhere. I've never had any experience with the new Whizzers or the motor conversions that are available today. I would make sure that any motorized bicycle I was going to ride had the Schwinn style springer fork and front drum brakes. Regular forks would bend and break on the Whizzer and the flywheel action of the engine puts a strain on brakes. Also a using a rear dropstand is almost required as you had to pedal them to start the engine. Thanks!!!

too bad the local 'classic' car dealership they have in my moms town went under they had a completely original whizzer there that was immaculate!(wonder if its still around somewhere....... :idea: )

Latest posts

Back