UNLIMITED Three's a Crowd (Pleaser).

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled some potential donors from one of the parts sheds.

This is just part from 1 of 2 sheds and a storeroom.

"OUT OF HAND"!!
Um... Pick that "potential" parts pile, PLZZZ!?!
Nah, just jealous in the good way, like, wish I had the space to have that pile. Looking forward to watching you make something Cool!!!! :cool:

Um... Pick that "potential" parts pile, PLZZZ!?!
Nah, just jealous in the good way, like, wish I had the space to have that pile. Looking forward to watching you make something Cool!!!! :cool:
Sometimes I wish I didn't have as much space as I do. The good thing here is it will get a lot more organized when I start putting stuff away and I'll be adding to my "Free stuff" pile so others that need kt can have it. And I'm finding a lot of Item's I'll be posting for sale at very reasonable prices since I have mainly just my time investing a large portion of these and the stuff I did have to buy I got pretty cheap. I've been putting items up in the CABE's Deal or No Deal category because most of the time I don't have a clue about the value and I'm not looking to get rich. I'm a budget guy and will sell accordingly.

I hear ya. I look at that photo and see so many things I'd build or rip apart to build something... and, I know what I see in my local market that I DON'T buy because I don't have the room to spare. Just enjoy what you can do and love it as a hobby. :)

Easy Wider is an gweat name, especiawy if you can find some Elmer Fudd stickers.
Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm building twikes.

View attachment 265459
Screenshot_20240513-175055.png

I hear ya. I look at that photo and see so many things I'd build or rip apart to build something... and, I know what I see in my local market that I DON'T buy because I don't have the room to spare. Just enjoy what you can do and love it as a hobby. :)
I build bike for kids in town that don't have one or need an upgrade for free. If I can I have them help fix a bike up so they learn a little bit. Figure if they can fix it they may take better care of it. I get a couple calls for "roadside assistance" when one gets a flat or something. Just built a 70's ladies huffy 3 speed and a child's pull behind trailer with the screens for a young lady so she can take her 3 year old daughter on rides or to the park. 4 years ago I was the "weird outsider" that rides a bike everywhere year round. Now several towns folk have dusted off the bikes the had before everyone bought golf carts for in town.

I see one
Screenshot_20240513-200322.png

That's a 24" 1953 Hawthorne. Rear stays are bent and one side caved in on the inside lower stays. The center bar has been booger welded back onto the post tube. Bothe the seatpost and stem are rusted in place and forks are bent a bit back. I'm keeping the fenders, crank and both hubs. A.thirs of the spokes were rusted away from a few years in standing water. Won't be using it for this, but it may be useful later or someone else may want to tackle it. I'll hang it on the wall until I use it or someone wants it. ( Will be more to ship it then 'id accept for it. Both the girls 26" mid 50's Coast King And early 50's RollFast are nice frames and the mid 50's 24" girls Schwinn. Are very decent.

That's a 24" 1953 Hawthorne. Rear stays are bent and one side caved in on the inside lower stays. The center bar has been booger welded back onto the post tube. Bothe the seatpost and stem are rusted in place and forks are bent a bit back. I'm keeping the fenders, crank and both hubs. A.thirs of the spokes were rusted away from a few years in standing water. Won't be using it for this, but it may be useful later or someone else may want to tackle it. I'll hang it on the wall until I use it or someone wants it. ( Will be more to ship it then 'id accept for it. Both the girls 26" mid 50's Coast King And early 50's RollFast are nice frames and the mid 50's 24" girls Schwinn. Are very decent.
Good idea to hang in on the wall if it's that bad.

Ok, after wasting an hour trying to sketch what was in my head based on the immediately on hand items . I had to build a tinker toy style mock-up to see if it made any sense. This is the rough 1st possible set-up. The wheels shown are all 24". Front is 36h disc rotor rubbed 24x1.75. The rear wheels are 72h 24x4 hoops. I had no practical way to mount handle bars and I've decided for this version I'd use the step up seat but with a high padded backrest against the tall sissy bars that have gas shock suspension. The current seat location is just an approximate location as well as the sprocket location. The existing bottom tube/s will be extended to reach the bottom of the raked head tube.the silver bar will be the top bar/s and the old blue top bar will be omitted. And the width of the new rear end is still a mystery. But I believe the wheels will be about 2-3"s further out each .
IMG_20240513_225109456~2.jpg

IMG_20240513_225131143~2.jpg

IMG_20240513_225228857~2.jpg

IMG_20240513_225245745~2.jpg

Now for the fun part. The pictures will explain better then I can. I'm thinking a heavy 2 top and bottom bars . The bottom would connect to a single bottom bracket and narrow sooner the the top bars. then a single from the bottom bracket to the head tube. The top bars to a single head tube. And at the back end use the outside triangle from each frame and eliminate the rest. The angles will be different, but this gives an idea of what I'm shooting for.
IMG_20240513_193008149~3.jpg

Last edited:
Way cool!!

Back