triumph bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i didnt find what i was lookin for on my excursion today, but i did find a nest of old bikes that had the pleasant aroma of "musty old buidling" and rust on 'em, beeaauuutiful!

i did find a triumph bicycle, cool logo on the head tube, no seat, but it looked like all else was in tact and could be made rideable pretty easy. its old enough that the frame tubes have the "patina" ive seen ppl here keep on thier bikes. its got very narrow all black slicks front and rear, the head tube is pretty tall, the forks are very narrow, diamond frame, and the fendersare very unique, they have a "backbone" or the middle is raised and the front fender (couldnt see the back) has a metal peice at the front of that backbone that caps it, its a road bike for sure, is this worht pickin up? i could prolly take it outta there for 50 bucks. i didnt even know triumph made bicycles and i dont ever see 'em ,thats why it caught my eye.

any info would be helpful, thanx guys,
fast eddie outty

Eddie,
Tell me where the bike is and I'll go look at it for you if it's a good one I'll buy it.( for you ) and you can pay me back. lol
if it's in poor shape or is to rusty $50 may be to much. if you can get it out and look at it in the light, the back hub should tell you the year and then you can check over for rust thorugh. and if it's in a downtown KC building there's rust.
No really, is the frame to big for or could you not get it out to see it? If you want help lmk.

hey fast eddie
i'll try to bring my old triumph out to the next meeting
should have a sturmey three speed
i believe mine is dated 1971?
and yes it is an english bike
if i get a chance i'll post you a pict tomorow
you know me though "gotta love the three speed"
glad your considering an old roadster bike
their a lot of fun for just cruising around
mike

Back