TRUCKIN' Karfer style-- UP DATE 02.01.09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
After finding a worksman cycle truck in the "pile" at the youth Center were I volunteer....... Karfers ratty truck kustom came to mind, :idea: So a trip to the Local bicycle/motorcycle swap I scored the forks and some 1970's Z bars [not on Yet]. So the following Saturday me and a couple of kids came up with this ...so far
:shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8)
IMG_0435c.jpg

IMG_0433c.jpg

IMG_0436c.jpg

IMG_0437c.jpg

IMG_0441c.jpg

AND ofcourse the riding PIC
IMG_0475c.jpg

It was FUN build so far [NO Way finished]me and the Center kids had fun :mrgreen:

Re: TRUCKIN' Karfer style

Looks good. I like that people are getting recognition for their builds. Though your style has already given alot here.

CCR said:
nice !!! that front hub looks beefy too !!! :shock:
Yes they are, they are original Worksman :shock:
aafront.jpg

aarear.jpg

I like the idea of running 26x3 and 20 x3 tires on such Fat rims :idea: :mrgreen:

up date....
First, Z bars and small sprocket..I like large sprockets but thought I'd try opposite way... and bobbed old fender
IMG_A0491C.jpg

2nd, bikes is too high so I lowered the the bike down the fork tubes
IMG_A0497C.jpg

set back BMX seat post, was too fat so I reversed it.I'm using a very old "no neck" goose neck w/ old city bike bars ...for now
IMG_A0496C.jpg

IMG_A0499C.jpg

Heres' some more alterations not yet done ...photoshoped
IMG_A0497C2.jpg

Re: TRUCKIN' Karfer style-- UP DATE 12.11

O.K. Lets review, Heres how it was found :shock:
CIMG0121c.jpg

after cleaned up [and parts taken off or exchanged for other bikes[almost trashed :!: :!: :cry: :|
IMG_0024.jpg

dry run build or mock up
IMG_0435c.jpg

IMG_A0497C.jpg

Now tear down and rebuild :lol: :lol:
IMG_0403c.jpg

IMG_0402c.jpg

IMG_0401c.jpg

IMG_0432c.jpg

NOW finished product.......................[for now]

IMG_0407c.jpg

IMG_0408c.jpg

IMG_0409c.jpg

IMG_0410c.jpg

IMG_0411c.jpg

IMG_0413c.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bike looks cool, but i would STILL like to see the rest of that mural... looks awesome!

wow that is a pretty beefy bike! how did you find a fork to fit that?????

stretch said:
wow that is a pretty beefy bike! how did you find a fork to fit that?????
I measured the old fork neck its 14" long and found a chopper fork that comes with a 14" neck so you can cut to fit. And the 14" general neck is a perfect fit :idea:

Your cycle truck came out great! I think it would look really cool if you mounted a big headlight between the fork tubes and a smaller light (like a fog light) below it.

i am flattered although your bike took on a look all its own. i dig it and when you put that fork on did you run into the same problem of the steer being just long enough to work? that is why i ended up doing the handlebar setup i went with. well that and i wanted to do something i had not seen done before. well done.

Back