unsure of title.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My base. A Murray Monterey. Unsure of year.

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

This will be my first build off however this is going to be my summer project so lookout everybody.

oh and have fun! i know i will 8)

Hey!, we've got the same frame! I'll be interested to see how these "twins" turnout.

sorry about the picture quality. It was taken on my phone. :roll: however I am glad to know that I am welcome here!
I do know this is a popular frame (I got mine for free) but I will also be intrested to see how the "Twins" or "triplets" ,as it seems, turn out.

cheers!

Too funny, I had the same frame, about the same colour that I rode for a while, then gave to a nephew about a year ago. Mine was an '86, and the graphics were different - I think yours is a little newer; that "1986" on the head sticker is probably just a trademark.

032-2.jpg

Have fun!

Hammond Eggz said:
I think yours is a little newer; that "1986" on the head sticker is probably just a trademark.

I think the year on the head decal is correct. My '76 has a decal with date on the bottom of the seat tube by the bottom bracket, but the newer ones don't seem to have that date sticker. I tore apart a 16" BMX Team Murray USA bike last night and the headbadge sticker had "1987" on it, but there was no other date sticker.

Couldn't be too much newer, wasn't long till they quit with those pointy dropouts.

Really. Interesting that's all they'd have.
And just lovin' those swoopy dropouts. They may have been cheapo bikes, but I always liked those.

Latest posts

Back