Well 3 more bikes,,,,,wow,,,,take a look,,any idea of years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so here are 3 more bikes,,,my girl gets the first pic then the other 2 are for sale to the best offer,,,,I will take offers on them now,
100_0721.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0723.jpg

100_0724.jpg

100_0725.jpg

100_0726.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0728.jpg

100_0729.jpg

100_0730.jpg

100_0731.jpg

100_0732.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0735.jpg

100_0736.jpg

Hey there Banana Seat Brian, I have the same rack for my higgins and I can tell its missin somethin, i just dont know what, could i trouble you to send/post pics of the underside and rear views of it? Thanks in advance for your troubles. Heres mine,
IMG_0454.jpg

....and if ya got the camera out already....pic's from inside the tank .... i got my lights workin but i cant make the horn buzz ... i know it can(hooked directly to a battery) but i think im missin some wires. thanks again!

Brian, your JCH is a 1958 or 9, the only years they used that style guard on the Flightliner. (I just checked the Elgin/JC Higgins/Hawthorne book. The other two are mid sixties. Chrome, they had a few variations on the rack tailights, many had twin red lenses that were kinda pointy. I think they match the twin headlite tank models. There were some others that are kinda hard to make out in the book-photocopies of catalog pages. Some racks didn't have anything back there. ~Adam

where do I get books like this?
I bought most of mine on ebay. I also got most of the commercially published bike books from a used book site called Alibris. The NBJ series of books are spiral bound. There's Monark, Colson, Dayton/Huffman, and Shelby books. NBJ is "Newsletter By John", one of the earliest vintage bike newsletters. There's also "Introduction to Classic Bicycles", which has a LOT of great info, including headbadges by manufacturer, and also Columbia and Monark serial #'s. The Elgin/JCH/Hawth book is by James Hurd & T.A. Gordon, they also have pre and postwar Schwinn books. Your LBS may be able to get some of these, as I've seen them in the J & B Importers catalogs. The NBJ books are available on ebay from SM2501 aka Scott McCaskey of The Cabe. There's also 'Evolution of the Bicycle, vols. 1 & 2, but there's a LOT of pics of incorrect and misdated bikes in there! BUT, there are also a lot of old ads which aren't in the other books. All of these are how I got my mad skillz on old bikes! :D ~Adam

Back