Western Flyer before/after

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bike I won on ebay about 6 weeks ago, took a while to work out delivery, but I finally got to tear into it this weekend. All I've done for now is clean it up and hit it with some wax and paint the kickstand and the original white/red pinstripe rims, which had some heavy rust in places. Haven't tried to replicate the red pinstripe, but I may in time. After I started getting the rust/dust off if the frame it turned out to be almost a metallic red! There seem to be gold specs in the red paint - which surprises me considering this bike probably dates to the early 60s.

BEFORE
ccff_1_b.jpg

AFTER
DSCN2629sm.jpg

Anyway, I took it for a spin and enjoyed it as it is. The old seat is in nice condition but it's like sitting on a brick. I want to add a jet ornament to the front fender - there's a hole where a light probably was mounted originally. And I need to add a rear reflector. Also thinking of swapping a set of white or white/red pedals for the mismatched black pedals on it now.

Back